Dear Sixteen year old me

Dear Sixteen-Year-Old Me

12:18 AM

Dear Sixteen-Year-Old Me,


You probably have no idea yet how tough life can be. You are a freshman in college. You do not worry about your future. Instead, you worry about how you would look in school today. Yes, your uniform looks ugly on you and you secretly wish to look beautiful to stand out amongst your classmates. You worry about what your other friends will say about you. You worry about how you would get out of the house this semestral break because your parents are so friggin' strict. I know, you are afraid to let your light shine out of fear that other people will like you. 

Sixteen-year-old me, believe me, eleven years from now, you will be in a much better place. Sure, at this point in time, that girl in your class would never stop making you feel insecure about yourself. But not so much about the way you look anymore. Somehow, when you are mature enough, the way you look and the shape of your body will no longer matter as much as it does now. 

I have to admit that I hate you. You have made (and would still make) decisions that you would regret  later on. But somehow, I also thank you for that because if you have not made them, I may have never learned. I may have never been where I am now. Yes, I have been through tough times, but it made me who I am today. Tougher, unlike you who cries at the silliest things. 

Sixteen-year-old me, just hold on to whatever you are experiencing now. Everything will turn out for the better. Remember, in this life, what defines you is how well you stand up after falling.

I wish you all the best


You Might Also Like

0 comments

She Sparkles Pink